Business Process Excellence Manager
South Korea, Seoul UMK
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
You will support the growth of the RBM organization by continuously improving the BU processes (Operational and Process flows and systems), for more efficiency, quality and speed, in line with the vision and the strategy of the Business Unit.
You act as an internal coach to provide expertise and advise to all levels on business process quality, data management and efficiency improvements. The function takes leadership for the scope definition and re-engineering of the processes undergoing IT projects.
Business Processes in general
- You understand and assess the importance of the main business flows and you make documented proposals for improvement to the MT level.
- You actively promote Process Excellence at all levels in the BU and ensure a continuous educational program to increase awareness and efficiency at user level (key-users network).
- You coordinate with your BP&IT team Corp IS actions related to BP&IT projects. ERP topics, whether on COP or UMP are jointly supervised with the Metal, Forex & System controller of RBM (UMP) and the Business Flow Manager for RM (COP).
- You coordinate IT CAPEX investments with the PTE organization.
- This covers not only IT-projects but also all administrative flows and documentation processes.
- In cooperation with BP-IT manager, it can also lead to review the software or hardware used by the different departments or to scout other BU’s for relevant applications.
- You will supervise the BP&IT team, spread over the RBM plants and locations in Korea, China, Belgium and Poland.
- You participate in the feasibility study phase of the projects, collecting the needs of the user groups and consolidating the project definition and benefits for BU decision.
- You align the different projects and initiatives into a Business Excellence-roadmap not limited to IT-projects.
- You assist the IT-manager to draft a yearly budget consistent with the roadmap.
- Once a project is decided, you interface between IT and the departments to fine-tune the implementation scope, fit-gaps and to assess the impact of the proposed changes to the BU processes.
- You present the final proposed design to RBM Management Team for approval.
You need to be part of the project, making sure that the implementation of the solution does not deviate from the agreed scope and that the finished solution meets the expectations.
Who we are looking for
- You hold a master’s degree in Engineering, Business or IT and you have experience in a similar position.
- You have a good knowledge of business processes and key IT tools (SAP, SP, SQL DB’s, …). You also have a solid knowledge of quality/environmental Management systems & TQM-tools.
- You have a basic understanding of financial flows and Mgt accounting.
- You possess excellent people management and project management skills, and you have a broad interest in general management.
- You have a positive attitude, a drive to perfection and you are a true believer in efficient systems.
- You hold strong analytical capacities and conceptual thinking. You are disciplined but pragmatic, self-motivated.
- You have good communication skills; you are able to communicate effectively and gain influence on all levels in the organization.
- You are a team player, capable of facilitating and motivating multi-disciplinary groups in meetings and workshops.
- You are fluent in English.
- This is a global function. We are looking for candidates who will either be based in Brussels, Guangzhou or Seoul, and who will need to travel frequently to the other locations.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
This is a global function. We are looking for candidates who will either be based in Brussels, Guangzhou or Seoul, and who will need to travel frequently to the other locations.
If our battery materials can power electric vehicles, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?