General Procurement Manager
China, Jiangmen - JUC
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- Responsible for the conception and implementation of short, mid and long term strategy for JUC SS GP team and creating a good balance between standardized procedures and local flexibility.
- Responsible for setting yearly team objectives in line with overall strategy and reaching set targets.
- Responsible for yearly team budget.
- Drive cost savings through supplier development and rationalization, cost analysis, market research, volume consolidation and strategic procurement setup as well as optimization of processes.
- Monitor matching with contracts/POs and JUC policies.
- Support JUC SS for rating of vendors of JUC in view of JUC SS strategy of standardization of materials and vendors and protection of product, process & equipment IP.
- Setting up and maintaining purchasing procedures for JUC in alignment with RBM and corporate procedures and policies.
- Follow up of personnel performance and defining necessary training needs.
- Take a lead in all GP procurement issues and respective audits.
- Support all respective audits for different purposes. Eg. ISO/TS, Insurance, PtoP
- Liaise with all stakeholders to execute general procurement functions.
- Organizing SRM & relevant trainings in relation to procurements in case of needs.
- Keep following up global insurance packages and global CAR/EAR in case of needs.
- Proposing improvement ideas concerning the optimization of the purchasing and working methods, and implementation after validation.
- Keep effective, efficient and optimal operating manuals, instructions
- Managing, organizing and optimizing SS using tools (eg. MRP, plant maintenance, item master, product ID, vendor master), KPI and trainings within JUC SS;
- Knowledgeable about all procurement requirements (supplier selection, evaluation, MOC, PPAP, labelling, packing, …) for both national and international and responsible for setting up necessary internal procedures to adhere to these requirements as well as training personnel
- Manage safety, cleanliness, respect for the environment and relevant targets.
- Reporting to JUC Support Service Manager;
- Responsible for timely reporting to JUC SS manager and respective hierarches.
- Responsible tasks assigned by JUC SS manager.
- Support JUC SS Manager in setup of JUC procedures and standardization regarding procurement in alignment with JUC strategy and RBM general procedures and guidelines and implementation in local Support Service teams.
- Work together with all local and global Support Service teams to look for optimisation of procedures and workflows in terms of procurement and logistics.
- Support local Support Service teams where necessary
- Assist JUC SS Manager and main contact for JUC procurement team setup & operation.
- Negotiation (or support of negotiation) and management of all general procurement contracts of JUC1 & JUC2.
- Follow up qualification and rating of GP vendors throughout JUC in view of JUC strategy and business needs.
- Creating a good balance between standardized procedures and local flexibility.
- Support RBM SS, P&T in terms of sourcing activities
- Manage supplier delivery plan and necessary admin works that align with agreed PO/contracts
- Communicate with all relevant stakeholders for delivery, credit line setup and risk prevention of operations
- Perform (or Monitor) ECR, PPAP and qualification process.
- Take a lead to develop and manage most optimal and sustainable key parameters (eg. order frequency, MOQ, lead-time, product description/code, inventory, payment) and work flows in general procurement. Eg. plant maintenance, general services, chemicals, gases, sub-materials, etc.
Who we are looking for
- Performance and result oriented
- Internal customer oriented
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills;
- Strong project and risk management skills
- Exemplary behaviour towards ethics and integrity
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Teamwork, collaboration & flexibility
- Fluent in English
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Address：No.77, Lidong Er Road, Jianghai District, Jiangmen City, Guangdong Province China
If my expertise can help improve battery performance, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?