China, Jiangmen - JUC
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- Define the yearly production OPEX budget. Regular follow up of the cost price while setting, following up and realizing ambitious cost saving targets. Set forward yearly priorities for the CAPEX investments in the plant.
- Continuous improve the cost efficiency on first pass yield, metal yield and optimized the throughput to maintain an operational efficiency; realize the yearly operational cost saving target as defined
- Continuously follow up the production performance: product quality, process stability, OEE,…; standardize the production conditions, stimulate continuous improvement (lean, 5S, QCC, 6 sigma projects,…).
- Execute the production part of the ROCE strategy by setting, following up and communicating objectives and KPI’s in the department.
- Implement the ACE strategy in the production department by taking the lead to continuously improve the department’s safety performance, with a special attention to the PSM requirements and to reduce the workers exposure to dust and the overall environmental impact of the workshop.
- Organize the work in the production department. Assure development and retention of people at all levels with a specific focus on development of the key people within the production department, emphasizing on developing self-sufficient teams.
Who we are looking for
- University Bachelor or above, 10 years chemistry industry working experience, solid production & people management experience
- Technical skills:
- Knowledge and understanding of hydro metallurgical processes, specifically for battery materials.
- Knowledge of operations management (planning, production systems, 5S, Kaizen,…)
- Basic knowledge of product cost calculation
- Basic knowledge of Q, E and S management systems (ISO 9001, TS16949, ISO 14000, OSHAS 18001)
- Computer skills: office software (Excel, Access, Word and Sharepoint)
- Basic knowledge of statistical tools (6 sigma).
- Firm knowledge of process safety requirements
- Managerial skills:
- Good written and spoken English communication
- Good communicator, strong interpersonal skills, promoter of cross-department cooperation
- Ability to organize and coach his team and to organize project teams
- Control and manage projects by means of PX methodology
- Ability to identify and solve problems
- Ability to define needs and promote change
- Analytical thinking, problem solving ability.
- Self-motivation, reasonable, opened mind, organization skills and adaptability to change team spirit.
- Positive attitude and challenge spirit for new environment.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Address：No.77, Lidong Er Road, Jianghai District, Jiangmen City, Guangdong Province China
If my expertise can help improve battery performance, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?