Purchasing Manager Nickel
China - Shanghai - UMS
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials (RBM)
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- Collect / Explore relevant supplier data in order to map the Chinese Ni refiners and China-based Ni feed suppliers landscape and with good presentation
- Assist in supplier selection process based on business critical criteria and present these to management
- Monitoring the market commercial conditions in different categories, to update the team with cost structure dynamics
- Keep the frequent contact to the refiners, raw material suppliers and market business medium to keep the good contact, and also develop the strategic partnership with suitable candidate
- Involvement in the internal qualification process for new suppliers and any periodic supplier review of established suppliers, including coordinating with other internal departments to cover issues related to Risk Management, Sustainability, and Carbon Intensity.’
- Participate the business planning, arrangement of current Ni flows in China
- Business opportunities development by new business model and method
Who we are looking for
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in a purchasing or BD function
- Experience in Li battery or Li battery material is an added consideration
- Keen learn and focus on medium and LT business development
- Strong commercial acumen, like to take initiative and you have good analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills and ability to deal with all level of business partners
- Able to work independently
- Ability to translate business requirements into appropriate business work flows. A good understanding of account related work flows is a plus.
- Prepared to travel on a frequent basis
- Fluent in English and Chinese
- Team Player
- People manager
- Result driven
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
If our battery materials can power electric vehicles, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?