China - Jiangmen - RHQ
Umicore Greater China
Product Management, Applied Technology, Information Technology
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
Umicore’s commitment to creating a sustainable future relies on innovation in all areas of business. As we keep pushing our boundaries and strive to set new industry standards, embracing advanced technologies has never been more essential. Digitalization is constantly evolving bringing new opportunities for us. We harness digital technologies to unlock value in all our business processes. There is still so much potential waiting to be unearthed. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- Support Local stakeholders in the Business Units in the use cases implementation on digital platforms. Local stakeholders can range from management to blue collars, covering different departments (e.g. Production, Maintenance, EHS) and Local Business-IT.
- Inspire the BUs and identify synergies between the BUs by (1) showcasing use cases of one BU to other BUs or (2) showcasing external use cases within Umicore.
- After developing the technology capabilities in the first 1-2 years within the central digitalization team, you will make the transition and start in the role within the BUs.
- Follow-up on the latest developments of the digital software/data technologies, e.g. PI, and other solutions and evaluate how these can be leveraged at Umicore.
- Primary focus will be on OSIsoft PI System as application suite for process data historian and real-time shopfloor reporting.
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. We engage in building an inclusive work culture that offers equal opportunities for all employees irrespective of their diverse backgrounds. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Who we are looking for
- You have a minimum of bachelor’s degree in computer science or information technology or an equivalent degree.
- You are a fast learner and like to explore new technologies and software products
- You have a few years of experience in setting up software related to analytics and/or data visualization
- You have strong analytical skills to understand the interaction between different technological components in a software implementation project.
- You have a broad knowledge of standard MS Office products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience & knowledge of PowerBI is a plus.
- Knowledge of digital software technology e.g. OSIsoft PI system, AspenTech IP.21, Yokogawa Data Historian/PIMS, AVEVA (Wonderware) Historian, GE Proficy Historian or any similar is a plus
- Knowledge of and experience in advanced analytics is a plus (e.g. Python)
[additional information such as site location, benefits, contact person]
NOTE: this field must me removed if not used