China, Jiangmen - JUC
Rechargeable Battery Materials
Reducing harmful vehicle emissions. Giving new life to used metals. Powering the cars of the future. As a global materials and technology group, we apply our specialist knowledge to offer materials and solutions that are essential to everyday life. Supported by the global megatrends of resource scarcity, vehicle electrification and the need for cleaner air quality, our activities primarily focus on three areas: recycling, electrification and clean air. In doing so, we put our teams at the cutting edge of materials science, chemistry and metallurgy. Our pioneering approach to sustainability has got us to where we are today, but we know we can’t stand still. We aim to be a clear world leader in materials for clean mobility and recycling and have turned our sustainability approach into an even greater competitive advantage. With ambitions like this, imagine what you could do?
About Rechargeable Battery Materials
We are all on the move. Umicore’s rechargeable battery materials give people autonomy and connectivity. We are a pioneer in battery materials that give added range and performance to electric vehicles. Our materials also ensure longer battery life for portable electronics. To enable our customers to produce even better performing batteries we cannot stand still. We need to find new ways to do things, discover new solutions and develop new ideas. Which is where you come in.
What you will be doing
- Be responsible for initiation equipment layout and design; fully discuss with related people to confirm the equipment model and audit the equipment drawing provided by vendor.
- Optimize the equipment and process layout and be ensure equipment and process safety, operation simplification, maintenance easiness.
- During commissioning period, support the project team to solve the problem and assist equipment supplier to provide the necessary training for operation.
- Support equipment upgrading project and optimize the improvement proposal.
- Establish and manage all engineering documents, drawings and technical files.
Who we are looking for
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Process/Chemical Engineering with 3+ year experience;
- Ability to communicate effectively and contribute to project teams;
- Competent computer knowledge (word processing and spreadsheet software, CAD)
- Good command of English in reading, writing and spoken, but not compulsory, experiences in working with a foreign engineering company is preferred
- Safety training courses preferable
What we offer
We aim to lead the way. Not just for our customers, but for our employees too. That is why we strive to create a collaborative environment in which we can all succeed, and a culture through which we can all share ideas, develop our expertise and advance our careers. As you would expect from a world-leading organisation, we will also reward your contribution with a competitive salary and benefits. With all this and more, imagine what you could do?
Address：No.77, Lidong Er Road, Jianghai District, Jiangmen City, Guangdong Province China
If my expertise can help improve battery performance, IMAGINE WHAT YOU COULD DO?